Tutoring/Study Tools and Career Services
These resources provide tutoring, practice tests, career information, and tips/help in various study topics.
- Job Search & Workplace Skills, with resume and interview help.
- Practice tests for various professions and placement tests.
- Skills Improvement with e-books, courses and practice tests in various subject areas.
Need help preparing for an academic admissions or career test? PrepStep can help!
Watch this tutorial, then create your PrepStep account today.
Niche Academy provides tutorials on evaluating information, guides on using the library's online resources, and research help.
- Fighting Fake News helps wade through media misinformation.
- Online Resources include video tutorials on individual databases found in our collection
- Research Essentials offer help with research questions, locating sources, search techniques, and more!
Access for all Louisiana residents to free tutoring and other resources are made possible by the State Library of Louisiana.
- Free Live Online Tutoring and Homework help, Sunday – Thursday, 2pm-10pm.
- Adult Education and Career Center.
- Job Search Assistance.
- Academic & Career Resources (English and Math videos, SkillsCenter™ worksheets, resources, lessons, and test prep materials).
TRIO Student Support Services at River Parishes Community College is a federally funded grant program committed to helping first-generation students, students who are low-income (individual or family), as well as students with disabilities. TRIO SSS assists and serves as a web of support for students who aspire to attain higher education. Through tutoring, mentoring services, counseling, and cultural enrichment the program aids in student persistence and success. Application is required. Please visit TRIO Student Support Services for more information and to apply.
Career Success and Assessment Centers
In the RPCC Career Success and the Assessment Centers, students are assisted with resume writing, interview skills, career assessment through CareerWaves2, and testing (Accuplacer placement, Hi-Set, & Workkeys Pre-Employment). Please contact 225-743-8500 or email Cherri Wells (email@example.com) for more information.